fighting101s-thumb

Ramblings from the Aisch

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mittelfranken, Germany

I am a Christian Libertarian from the state of Maine, living in a self imposed exile in Germany, with my wife and kids.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day

I am hoping and praying that the Republicans maintain control. As a conservative, I see a Republican that may or may not represent my views, a Democrat as one who represents views opposite of mine.
There's so much useless talk going on in the political arena, in the campaign ads and in the blogosphere. The country is at war right now, I think that, being as Americans are generally a peace loving people, winning this thing and returning to a state of peace should be the top priority right now. And it should be a peace like the end of WWII, an unconditional surrender on the part of our enemies, a total victory.
The cease fire in Korea, the fiasco in Vietnam, the 12 year long no fly zone war in Iraq, that's no way to run a peace. I believe a total victory saves lives: how many died as a result of the cold war and the aforementioned "peace" situations?
If we'd fought for a real peace with the USSR after WWII, if we'd fought N. Korea until they surrendered, if we'd supported the troops in Vietnam and achieved victory there, untold lives would have been saved, millions would have been spared living in brutal, totalitarian regimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home