fighting101s-thumb

Ramblings from the Aisch

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mittelfranken, Germany

I am a Christian Libertarian from the state of Maine, living in a self imposed exile in Germany, with my wife and kids.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Chicken

I killed a chicken for the first time yesterday. I bought 4 meat chickens last spring and we've been feeding them all summer long. I've kind of dreaded killing them though. Up to now, any animal I've killed has been with a gun while hunting. It's a little more up close and personal when you chop the head off an animal you've been raising. But I got through, and I think the others will be a bit easier.
I personally feel that one must be able to kill an animal if one wants to eat meat. Anyone who eats meat is responsible for the death of the animal, and actually killing the animal one's self is to come closer to the reality of meat.
We ate the bird today for lunch. It was a bit tough, but good. I think I let it live too long before butchering it. It was much bigger than the chickens I buy already killed and cleaned here in Germany, where the normal sized bird is 1000 to 1200 grams, about 20 to 28 oz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home