fighting101s-thumb

Ramblings from the Aisch

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mittelfranken, Germany

I am a Christian Libertarian from the state of Maine, living in a self imposed exile in Germany, with my wife and kids.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving

Well, it's the day after Thanksgiving, the day we take the time to thank the good Lord for all he has done for us over the past year. Time to take some time to remember all the blessings we've been blessed with.
I haven't had the best year ever, but there was still things to be thankful for.
My daughter was accepted into the Gymnasium.
My colitis has gotten a lot better.
We're all healthy, except for my little problems.
America hasn't experienced another major terrorist attack.
We are still free to worship as we will.
I can still state my opinion on Islam without being threatened with death.
My computer still works.
My chickens continue to lay eggs.
My dog is healthy and relatively well behaved.
We have enough to eat and drink. The air we breath is relatively clean, the water out of our tap is plentiful and safe to drink.
We have so much more to be thankful for than the pilgrims at the first Thanksgiving, who had only the fact that they were still alive and had a harvest to be thankful for. They still faced another hard winter. Their number was growing with the arrival of more immigrants, none of whom brought supplies. The Indians in the area were for the most part peaceful, and helpful. Nothing was easy for them, but they considered it to be worth it, just for the chance to worship God as they saw fit.
That ability to worship God in our own way is under attack in the United States today. The ACLU works actively against all public display of Christian worship, acting as though any mention of God or Jesus in American public life carried as much weight as a Congressional fiat declaring one Christian denomination as the only one allowed in the world!
The ten commandments in a county courthouse, a nativity display in a town square, or a student thanking God at her commencement speech is the free exercise of religion, the very thing that sent those first pilgrims to the wild Massachusetts shore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home