fighting101s-thumb

Ramblings from the Aisch

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mittelfranken, Germany

I am a Christian Libertarian from the state of Maine, living in a self imposed exile in Germany, with my wife and kids.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Real People

Listen to the mainsteam media and the leftist elites, you'd think all America is ready to surrender the middle east to radical Islam, but just listen to what real Americans have to say:
To the question: "Do We Have the Stomach?"
The general population of the US *does* have the stomach.

We just have to get the rest over the notion that we are "Evil" for doing what needs to be done.

Hmmm, you raise an interesting point here. The troops know first hand, and the public just knows the bullshit the press feeds them. Wonder if that skews the perception? lol

I'm standing fast, I think if we pull out now, terrorism will get way bad. Plus we need to build the trust again with iraq.

I think we have the stomach for it, i mean if we didnt it would ACTUALLY be like vietnam , that is what i see being the most important difference here

well first off, I HATE the media!!! they are SOOO negative. Take the opportunity to talk to soldiers who have been to Iraq and they will tell you, yes it's bad- but we're doing good things! HELLO!! MEDIA- why not tell us what we're doing, not just what the death count is. OK, media rant over. I think we should stead fast because I personally don't want the dang terrorists in my back yard, I prefer to keep them over there and if we leave they will follow. AND I am afraid that if the american people don't realize this that it's going to be vietnam all over again- we lost because the war was not supported, come on all- lets support our troops!

Here's the situation: Prior to going over to Iraq, American citizens felt as if we were the most powerful and militarily (if this is a word) dominant nation on the planet.

This was the same feeling during Desert Storm.

Most Americans perception of people in other countries is that they are naturally weaker than us.

If this is so, then what is staving off our country's total victory in all areas of this war?

Doubt.

Doubt raised by the media and politicians over the reasons we're fighting this war.

Doubt reiterated by family members to their children already committed to fighting this war.

Heck, even doubt being broadcast by soldiers and former soldiers themselves.

How are the other countries able to stave off the US complete dominance in these engagements? Simple: by denying the media and public from talking or going against their nation's efforts and having their soldiers believe in a concept other than that of themselves.

Call it wrong or whatever, but for the most part, this elimination of "doubt" is allowing countries that shouldn't even lift a finger against us to cause our military force some major setbacks.

And, no. It is not all Rumsfeld's fault. He had Generals under him.

I saw how we were treated after Vietnam. The American people since then cannot stomach a protracted war. Take todays' attitude to WW2, we've would have pulled out troops out of the war in 1942, after the American Army suffered a disaster at Kasserine Pass in Africa. The American people for the most part have the mentality that if we can't win the video version of defeating an enemy, then shut the game off and go have a beer! My take on things after a 22 year military career is this...remember folks: for those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know!!

These days the political parties fight each other tooth and nail....why is that? I am pretty sure that other countries see this as dissension of the USA? Or I could be wrong? This is what I would think if I was a foreigner living in another country and the first thing I see is Democrats and Republicans fighting over a few crumbs...the crumbs being political offices.
The problem is the bullshit liberal ass crap being shoved down people's throats by the media, and so many swallowing it. Our troops deserve better than that. God help us-the democrats are the majority now, let's just hope we don't get f**kin' Hillary Clinton in office.

I Just wonder..The people who sacrifice the least...Tend to Bitch the most...They Give nothing.but expect everything,,,,They DEMAND rights but REFUSE to place themselves in harms way,,,

I think there are a lot more conservs out there than we think... I was SHOCKED that bush won Colorado (where I was living at the last election) because everywhere there were anti bush signs and vote for Kerry signs EVERYWHERE I saw a total of 1 pro bush sign during the entire campaign, but yet - he took Colorado. My personal opinion is that liberals are A LOT more outspoken than conservs - hints why they're called that LOL! and if I have my way I will NEVER allow another clinton in office EVER! Plus I don't think the US is ready for a female president yet, I think it would be great, but I don't think as a whole we're ready.
These people give me renewed hope for our great land, if only our representative would listen to the real America, we'd have a chance of defeating the Islamic menace. These quotes are NOT from a conservative website, they are from a myspace type site called Cherry Tap. These are the thoughts and feelings of the real America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home