fighting101s-thumb

Ramblings from the Aisch

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mittelfranken, Germany

I am a Christian Libertarian from the state of Maine, living in a self imposed exile in Germany, with my wife and kids.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Slow day, fatigue. Want to go FISHING!

What a day. I've been bone tired all day long, as if I hadn't slept in days. But, not sleepy tired, just fatigued, worn out, burnt out. It was all I could do to get lunch on the table today. I did get out and fed the chickens, rabbits, and dog, but that needs to be done regardless of how I feel, I do have a responsibility to my "critters".
I went fishing a bit in the afternoon, to see if that would help. I caught 1 (undersized) pike, a large perch, and a couple of roach. I was happy about the pike and the perch. The perch was one of the biggest I've ever caught, and will make a good lunch tomorrow. I miss the fishing back home, though. I could usually catch a lot more fish, and the places I fished were more relaxing, prettier, in a way. My fishing holes here are in the middle of the city, on a river called the Aisch. It's been straitened and graded so as to interfere with the city as little as possible. The part above the city not quite as bad, but it's shallow, muddy, slow moving, and closely resembles a drainage canal. Not at all like the more natural streams and rivers I fished in Maine.
I wish I could get back and fish Parson's Beach again, where the Mousam river flows into the sea. That's a beautiful spot, still pretty wild. From the beach at the mouth, the only sign of civilization you can see is a house a bit up the beach. The high dunes block the view of the road and the other houses in the area. It has the feel of a wild and natural seashore. And, it's full of fish. Striped bass run in the river all summer long, and are easy to catch if you know the secret. There are also sea run brown trout in the river. I've heard tell of blue fish and coho salmon there as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home